Securit 700L PIR Tamper Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I hope you can help please? I recently repositioned a PIR sensor on our C&K Securit 700L. I thought I could just take off the cover, unwire, reposition & rewire (without being in engineer mode). Sadly it appears not to be the case as when I set the system the alarm sounds and the red tamper button lights on the keypad. I've tried resetting the system (the one where you default to factory codes) but I'm still getting the fault. Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Pir lid not fitted correctly or wired correctly , post picture of pir and how it's wired !

Hi sparkymarka, the lid looks to be fitted OK & I've included the photo of how it's wired. Thanks for taking a look.
20161027_114331.jpg
20161027_114458.jpg
20161027_114331.jpg 20161027_114458.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi & thanks for your reply. No, it's just as it was when I started working on it. I see what you mean as there is no cable connected to the tamper terminals. I thought the alarm system must have registered a trigger of the PIR when I'd disconnected it. My thoughts were that the system needed the power removing in order to reset that particular loop but I thought I hadn't done it properly. If not it may just be that the PIR is faulty as we haven't used the system for at least a year. Any thoughts?

Open the panel remove wires from tamper input and fit a piece of cable to link out the tamper input , close lid and reset with your code # , do you still have tamper light ?

I think I have been misleading in my explanation of the fault....! Sorry!
When I try to set the alarm using either the default user code or the default engineer code I get a quiet continuous tone which lasts for about 30 seconds. It then stops and the alarms sounds straight away. I can stop the alarm by entering the user code but it then shows a red light in the zone where this PIR is situated - it isn't the 'Tamper' icon on the keypad but the Zone icon that shows a red light (sorry for misleading you!). This red light can be cleared by entering the user code followed by the # key but the PIR will trip the alarm immediately the system is set again. I can set the system by isolating the zone. I hope this makes sense!

Ok just to be on safe side .... Check all connections in pir are tight , does the pir light up ? If so remove the blue and yellow cores and twist together , now try to set alarm if it works ok .....throw that 20 year old pir in the bin and buy a decent one ...lol

Connections are good. PIR does light up. System now works OK! New PIR on order and bin awaiting old one!!
Thank you so much for your patience, knowledge and sound advice!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back