Security alarm door contact

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning
Factory spark here in need of some assistance. I am about to tear out an old patio door and replace it with french doors. There is a very grubby surface mounted alarm contact fitted to the patio door that i would like to replace with new.

Question is how do i do this without setting the alarm off via the tamper mode? is there a method for disabling the tamper set up? The panel is labeled up as a LOGIC 4 and is a key operated panel with 4 setting on the keyswitch, off, test, part and full. The alarm also has a battery back up facility.

Thanks for any help

ATB

Sponsored Links
the logic 4 is a very cheap panel, as has been suggested put it to test, but do note which colour wires go where, and if you have double doors, ideally you should have 2 contacts (wired in series) but you can get away with one on the one which opens first

If it is only a magnetic switch it may possibly not have a tamper circuit

Sponsored Links
although what you say is in theory true, it should be wired in 4 core, 2 circuit, 2 tamper, although the tamper are just termianted under a screw terminal, they will "protect" the cable

Good morning Gents
Thanks for your help, patio replaced with nice new french doors and the mrs is over the moon. Door contact replaced as per your instructions and is was wired as suggested with the 2 tamper cables terminated together. All tested and working o.k

Thanks once again for your help

ATB

thats £42.50 + vat then please.

seriously its very nice of you to say thanks (I wish more would)

I'll give you exactly the same advice, but only charge you £30 + dreaded...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back