See-through

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well another and third historic term in office for Labour only goes to show that the majority of sensible voters could see right through all the hype and propaganda speel from the tories and especially Michael sleezeball Howard!
It has to be said that he probably cost his party any chance in the election by getting personal in the run up to the election his tactics left a lot to be desired so much so that he wasted a lot of precious campaigning time in his taunts rather than getting on with declaring policies like all the other leaders did. People can see when someone is desperate and resorts to that sort of tactic when they have no serious and practical alternative policy to offer.

Labour will learn the lesson from losing a portion of their 2001 majority to the Lib Dems who seem to always be the party that dissatisfied voters run to, and they will bounce back even stronger.

Lets hope Howard the Coward now lets Tony get on with the job in hand and redress the problems rather than constantly flinging jibes across the commons which gains nothing apart from making the governments job harder in trying to keep the country's cogwheels turning smoothly.

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

Sponsored Links
I am glad Labour have won. As I have said before the only point that would have dissuaded me was the war, so I can only hope that a lesson has been learned. As I also said, I was very close to voting elsewhere, so Blair is on his last chance with me. Fingers crossed, I hope I won't regret my vote...

kendor said:
I hope you're right but I can't see it somehow. Blair will step down when it suit him.

ninebob said:
I am glad Labour have won. As I have said before the only point that would have dissuaded me was the war, so I can only hope that a lesson has been learned. As I also said, I was very close to voting elsewhere, so Blair is on his last chance with me. Fingers crossed, I hope I won't regret my vote...

Yoy obviously didnt see the latest economic news and forcasts released just before the election yesterday afternoon, oh well good to see you enjoy your choice of Primeminister, all i can say is enjoy your dole money

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
Lets hope Howard the Coward now lets Tony get on with the job in hand and redress the problems rather than constantly flinging jibes across the commons

Yes I'm sure that will happen.

kendor said:
Well another and third historic term in office for Labour only goes to show that the majority of sensible voters

I would have to agree with you. The majority of people DIDN'T vote for the Labour party, the "majority" is only because of the first-past-the-post system. Also, the boundaries are currently in Labour's favour. If you moved them about a bit, then the Tories would have won. I have heard (although not seen the figures to back this up) that in England, the Tories actually received more votes!

Come the revolution... :LOL:

Days were 83% happier under the Tories...

AdamW said:
kendor said:
Well another and third historic term in office for Labour only goes to show that the majority of sensible voters

I would have to agree with you. The majority of people DIDN'T vote for the Labour party, the "majority" is only because of the first-past-the-post system. Also, the boundaries are currently in Labour's favour. If you moved them about a bit, then the Tories would have won. I have heard (although not seen the figures to back this up) that in England, the Tories actually received more votes!

Come the revolution... :LOL:

Days were 83% happier under the Tories...

tennis.gif

never mind, better luck next time :D

6th May 2005

Tony Blair "I've listened and I've learned and I think I've a very clear idea of what the people want for a third term." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So he didn't listen before then :?:

masona said:
6th May 2005

Tony Blair "I've listened and I've learned and I think I've a very clear idea of what the people want for a third term." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So he didn't listen before then :?:
It's only during campaigning that he would get such a chance to meet people all over the country and to guage views directly rather than through his advisers.

kendor said:
........ through his advisers.

They are all too busy spinning the yarn which binds the party together ! never listens to 'em anyway ... ;)

ive listened and ive learned........not to get caught again!.

it amazes me when you look at the uk and see how much of it is actually blue and how little is red, how crap the system seems to be. maybe the libdems have a point with therir proportional representation bit.

Worse still weve got another 4 years of that fat bastard prescott

Richardp said:
never mind, better luck next time :D

For all the UK... :eek:

Morally, we won. Technically, we lost. Now now, before you hit the reply button with a mouth-foaming post about sore losers, just read for a minute.

Scotland has its own parliament, the Welsh have their assembly. So, surely Westminster should be an English parliament, in which case you would only count the English vote.

Now, for a fair system, PR is the way to go. I had heard, and someone has also put the figures on here somewhere, that the Tories received more votes in England than the Labour party. In a 100% PR system (as opposed to a cellular PR system), the party with more votes takes power.

So, the voters voted, they showed what they wanted, and the system ignored it. So, we are stuck with another c**p government for another four-to-five c**p years. C**p. It's the system man, the system is out to corrupt the balance of power! Come the revolution, we will be in power and your lot will be up against the wall! :LOL:

Why do we labour supporters have to mouth off we won and are just too happy and celebrating to worry about what the despairing tory voters( alright losers) are going on about.
:LOL: ;) :) :D :LOL: wish there were more happy icons

Freddie said:
Yoy obviously didnt see the latest economic news and forcasts released just before the election yesterday afternoon, oh well good to see you enjoy your choice of Primeminister, all i can say is enjoy your dole money

heeelllooo freddy can you remember the thatcher philosiphy keep unemployment high to keep wages low drive down the employment right and condicions whilst relaxing controls on employers

kendor said:
Why do we labour supporters have to mouth off

You tell me! :LOL: You're the one who wrote a big spiel all about it. Great, your bloke won. Well done. D'ya want a cookie or something? :LOL:

Anyway, I suppose at the end of the day, we have a Tory as PM, and that's all that matters :p

Sponsored Links
Back