self cert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fitted a new boiler to a new double story extention for a builder.job finished and inspected and passed by builing control.customer is asking me whether she will get notification from corgi , like her friend.i explained corgi notification is proof to builing control , so no she wount , because builing control has already passed it. am i right.

Sponsored Links
I think the answer is Yes and its also No !

You are right that Building Control have ( probably ) passed it. That would only normally happen if it was shown on the plans submitted for Building Regs though.

But you should still have notified CORGI as its a condition of your continuing registration that you notify them of ALL gas appliances you install.

Tony

fitz1 said:
the self cert is optional.

As Tony said, not if you want to contnue your CORGI registration it isn't. (Assuming you are CORGI registered of course!)

Sponsored Links
Building control would ask for an RGI to inspect. So being a CORGi engineer you can self certify - you are CORGi registered are you not?

oh dear...

we inform corgi who then inform building control.we dont have to self cert ,because it was part of plans.therefore its down to building control and customer.i can self cert and if need to will. in the meantime , maybe the light will shine on how much we actually save people when it comes to self certs.

We save no one with self cert

we just give CORGI a great big HUUUGE database with which. after they sell t on to "interested" parties, they make LOOOADS of money

no one is saved, the industry isnt any more professional, but the fat cats just get fatter.

sad aint it

corgiman said:
We save no one with self cert

we just give CORGI a great big HUUUGE database with which. after they sell t on to "interested" parties, they make LOOOADS of money

no one is saved, the industry isnt any more professional, but the fat cats just get fatter.

sad aint it
Meeeeooooowwww, but I have to say I never looked at it from that angle. :eek:

Stan

Very true CM, but being CORGi has always meant we can self cert our work - it was only recently it meant more paperwork other than a valid invoice...

Fitz, I am not quite sure what you want to know; you can just ask the customer to clarify with her building inspector or simply do the GWN and pay £2.50.

Pain in the proverbial I know, but its not that much work surely?

Oh and 138845 by the way ;).

Dan_Robinson said:
Very true CM, but being CORGi has always meant we can self cert our work - it was only recently it meant more paperwork other than a valid invoice...

Fitz, I am not quite sure what you want to know; you can just ask the customer to clarify with her building inspector or simply do the GWN and pay £2.50.

Pain in the proverbial I know, but its not that much work surely?

Oh and 138845 by the way ;).

I gave mine up, now I just sub-contract to firms & use theirs. Bee-yoo-tiful.:cool:

I think im probably working on the pretex that building control charge about 300 quid for permission to fit new boiler , whereas us plonkers are , due to competition , probably not chargeing a penny.And also giving all and sundry all our work activity,i.e corgi, taxman and associates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back