Self level and liquid DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've just ripped up about 20m square of cork floor tiles in my lower ground floor. If I never see a cork tile again it will be too soon! Some of the floor tiles smelt a bit damp and I've found a few slightly damp areas on the floor so suspect the original sub-floor (looks like a sand and cement screed) DPC has failed in places, or may even be entirely absent. I'm fitting an engineered wood floor and have two problems: 1) the floor needs levelling for the floating wood floor and; 2) it's a bit damp in a couple of places.

Now exposed, the sub floor has dried well but once covered again no doubt damp will creep back in places.

Any suggestions on what sort of levelling compound to use and what, if any, liquid DPM? I've had a suggestion of a couple coats of black jack before levelling but wasn't sure how well the self level would bond to black jack. Had been advised that water based self level was easiest to spread and work but didn't like any residual damp hence to DPC first.

Anyone had any experience of this sort of situation?

Thanks, Mark

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back