Self leveling compound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Am doing a friends kitchen floor this week (i have helped another friend out with leveling compound) so its not about how to use it.

I need to know how much water to add. It says add the same weight of water as to the powder, yet finding it hard work out how much water is 25kg. I know this might seem like a stupid question or am i not thinking about it properly!!.

If anyone can tel me how much they would add to a 25kg bag i would appreciate it. I can only mix one at a time due to having to mix it by hand

Sponsored Links
By the way, it does only 'self level' to a degree.

I prefer to call it floor leveling compound.

Sponsored Links
I need to know how much water to add. It says add the same weight of water as to the powder, yet finding it hard work out how much water is 25kg.

As nose says it's, best to do it by "feel" and you can gauge the consistency of the mix from the way it flows. For what it's worth 1KG of water = 1L so that's pretty easy to remember. If you've got a fair bit to mix it may be worth investing in a paddle mixer. You can get them that will fit in a standard 13mm keyless chuck of an ordinary cordless drill driver for just over a fiver. Here you go, this one's similar to mine:-

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/61021/Drill-Bits/Paddle-Mixers/Titan-Paddle-Mixer-5-x-600mm#

Fill yer boots! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back