Self Levelling Advice Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have already laid a bamboo floor in the new extension of my house, I say new but its about 5 years old. No problems with that as the floor was quite level.

I now want to lay another bamboo floor in an original part of my house but I am not happy with levelness of floor. The house was built around 1930-1940 and its the original floor. There are lot of high points in the floor and when I dried laid part of the floor its really bouncy and squeaky.

I have tried chiselling out some of the hight points with an SDS drill but to be honest I would be there for ages and I could be making the situation worse and could be going below the intended level that I want.

The last floor in this room was laminate and ok it wasn't level but you couldn't really notice it but this bamboo is 3-4 thicker than the laminate and dosen't "mould" to floor like the laminate did.

If I was to apply self level to the floor would it fill the shallow "craters" I've made or would I be be better off getting some ready-mixed cement to fill the "craters" before I apply the self level.

Here some information about the floor if needed and just in case anyone can offer some more advice and perhaps how much self level will be needed?

Its 18m2 and I'd say there is a differential height of about 1mm to 10mm in places.

Many thanks

Diyjack

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back