Sending files.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to send a small file via email but the reciepients can't open it as their computers are set up to block attachments. They can't seem to get into their settings to allow attachments either. :(

How can I send anything via email i.e do I convert it to something prior to sending?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Their email client has blocked ALL attachments or just the type you tried to send?
What filetype are you trying to send?
Have you tried zipping it up? Not for compression but .zip files tend to be allowed through filters.

Blasphemous has given you a decent alternative.
Have you also tried a Messenger app to send the file?

Their email client has blocked ALL attachments or just the type you tried to send?

Hi Kjacko. It seems that all are blocked.

I've have downloaded a file sharing program and put the file in but dont know how it works. :(

How would I zip it and it be easy at the other end to access :?:

Have you also tried a Messenger app to send the file?

What is that pls :?:

1. I can't believe that someone would have ALL attachments blocked, that's bad admin. I'd strongly suggest double-checking that mate.
2. Zip files may only work NOT ALL attachments are blocked.
3. Be careful with file sharing apps. If you're not sure what you are doing, don't use them as they can be rife with viruses.
4. Try 'You Send It' from www.yousendit.com. It atatches into OE and you can configure it to send all attachments via their web servers. The recipient (who has attachments blocked) will receive your email with a link on it to download the file from. The recipient does NOT need to install anything.
5. Messenger app? MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger. Surely you've heard of these?

Your best would probably be the YouSendIt plugin for OE, its free and works really well.
There is also a prog called PANDO, but that involves an install on the recipient pc also, which is not always practical.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I am using Micro Outlook. Would you sendit.com work on it :?:

yousendit and other file sharing sites dont normally require use of an email client. You can upload the file to the site, it gives you a unique code and you can phone this through to your friend:

"Go to www.yousendit.com and enter code QWJSHST.."

In OE, click Tools and then Options and then click the Security tab. Uncheck the box that says "don't not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially contain a virus"

Check if the attachments are available.

There's a M$ article about Outlook here.

Edit, Hi Bahco... was nearly rude and didn't respond. How's life btw?

Igorian, i suppose its worth him trying that, but I (we?) assumed this pc had an admin policy prohibiting attachments being downloaded.

But it could be as simple as changing that setting i suppose lol, after us lot going around the houses. :D

Hi Ian

All is good. Hope you are ok.

I have done the send it.com thing and seems ok but waiting for feedback from recipients.

I am using Outlook so couldn't do the security thing unless you know different. Can't seem to find anything to allow attachments with M O but I remember you can with OE.

Blooming computers!!!!!!! :D

Sponsored Links
Back