Sennheiser wireless headphones plug problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anybody advise me please? I bought my 80 year old stepfather some wireless headphones for his dodgy ears so he can listen at whatever volume suits him and not be interupted if it is one of his favorites on TV etc. I bought Sennheiser RS 120 which are great except for the plug. The plug is only a two pin but it is also a chunky transformer plug and he wants to keep plugging them in different places ie TV, stereo, etc.

It would have been much better if it had been a 3 pin transformer plug, but like this it is a bit wobbly in any adaptor and does not make the best contact, and if you try plugging it in the dodgy way without the adaptor it is no good for him to keep trying to get the plug in that way.

I am wondering if the seller has got it from Europe and it should maybe be supplied with a 3 pin one. Can anyone advise who has bought any wireless Sennheiser headphones what they have?

I have contacted the seller www.rebelio.com and they say it is correct with 2 pin (seems too awkward to be normal to me) and I have contacted via email, Sennheiser UK, but not had a reply yet.

I would love to cut it off the 2 pin plug and fit a 3 pin but not an option when its a transformer plug. It would be helpful to know what other Sennheiser owners have or have done.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you get the information off the transformer plug i.e. voltage, AC/DC, amps, plug type etc you may be able to buy a normal 3 pin one from the likes of maplin/cpc etc.

or just by a new adaptor (or even opent the existing one and close the "sockets" a bit)

I have a pair of RS120 headphones, mine has a 3 pin adapter (see below).
Did you read the terms and conditions from that seller?
Product information
Please note that some products instruction manuals do not come in English.
Please note that in the case you buy a product which does not have an English instruction manual, please contact us on [email protected] and we will happily send you information as to view the manual required in English. As most products come with 2 pin plugs, Rebelio will provide European to UK adapters free of charge with your order.

P1000421.JPG

P1000422.JPG

Sponsored Links
Cheers gcol, looks like I ordered from the wrong people, really annoying now as an adaptor on a transformer plug is not fantastic, a bit top heavy, what you have is the best and should have been what we got supplied. I think supplying it with a 2 pin plug and not making it that obvious is a bit devious. Don't think I will buy from them again.

I have written to Sennheiser but I am not confident they will do anything for me.

I know you should check everything when buying something online but I am only human and can miss things. It should have been very clearly pointed out. Rebelio were cheaper than most others and now I know why. If I'd known I would have paid extra for the right thing.

Anyway cheers for your answer gcol, you told me exactly what I wanted to hear or expected to hear if someone like you answered my post. I will moan again to Rebelio. At the moment there is an adaptor on the way from them.

There's nothing to stop you getting a cheap adaptor and using that. If the plug is a different size, just cut the plug off the 2 pin one and solder it to the new one.

I must admit, I generally never read the terms and conditions either - that site seems a bit of a swizz to me.

Back