seperate room digisender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!
I have recently renoveted my house, I have cabled up for each bedroom (3 in total) so I can have TV's working off the PC incoming outlet splitter, supplying the broadband signal.
Hoping I can then install digi boxes to the TVs.
But in the meantime is there a product out there that will send a wireless signal via my TV digi box downstairs to the ones upstairs.
Well I know there is, but not the digisender that argos sell as they are not very good and which ones work best with the starview3 box?

Sponsored Links
I don't believe the source box is going to make much of a difference to the way the digisender works. The only significant issue is possibly remote control. Some cable boxes use a remote that isn't directly compatible with remote relay links.

Other than that then I'd say steer towards 5.8GHz digisenders if you want to avoid interference issues.

I don't know if there are 5.8GHz kits that allow multiple receivers. There probably are, but you'd need to investigate what happens with the remote control signals.

Thanks for reply Chris.
I got this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9239827/Trail/searchtext>DIGISENDER.htm from argos.
It worked okay, picture great, sound fine, remote control a bit sticky.
But after a week or so, the sound started to buzz and the picture split.
So I did all the troubleshoots, no better, contacted the support team 24/7 :!:
They were carp :mad:
So I took it back for my refund, I also know the same thing happended with a friend's, that lives about 7 miles away.
So I was looking for an alternative, that works with my equipment.

Wireless senders are a lottery I'm afraid. Nothing beats a bit of wire.

On top of the usual product quality vs price issues of any piece of consumer gear you also have the problems of it being a wireless device. For some people they work great, but for others they just don't. You can how variable the results are from the Argos reviews.

Sponsored Links
I agree not a big wireless fan, always had trouble with them, even the PC doesn't like it.
So I'll wait until I can connect the cables up and get some more boxes.
Thanks for your time Chris much appreciated.

Sounds a bit like my experience to be fair. Nice idea, bit rubbish in practise. Have to agree, can't beat a pukka Slx distro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back