Septic Tank Stinks

Sponsored Links
What about a small air pump? I would suspect you have anerobic decomposition. (Either that, or you've been dumping PVA ;) )

What about a small air pump? I would suspect you have anerobic decomposition. (Either that, or you've been dumping PVA ;) )

Sponsored Links
to help the bacteria do their thing as oilman suggested an air pump why not get one from an aquatic centre cheap tu run and leave it for for a few weeks, i am not saying it will work, but reather than hire a compressor a small air pump will be cheaper

pond owners use them too to help the bacteria.

Don't they need to be periodically desludged. Every few years I think. Perhaps yours needs doing

It would clear your sinuses, that's the ammonia. I understand it is not so much clearing sinuses as damaging the mucus membranes. As for using a compressor, why not put up with the smell rather than risk an explosive shower of ****? Or use a low pressure pump.

silly aside... Blaster Bates cured a septic tank problem with dynamite with funny consequences....

You put a rotting cat in your septic tank?! Where did you find it? Have you tried one of those magic tree things?
TB_21006.jpg

Sounds like you`re generating Hydrogen Sulphide .....does it smell of rotten eggs :LOL: Google hydrogen sulphide septic tank...........loadsa info....I`d bet that you`re causing it because you don`t let enough water down and the "soup" is not dilute enough ie. solid/liquid ratio is too high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back