Septic Tank under driveway?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is the correct forum.. We are looking at a new septic tank system to go under our driveway and we were looking at the Vortex sewage treatment plant, (that treats the water and waste) but realise that this has a lid and sticks out of the ground...

I have also been told of the Norweco Singulair tank which does this but can't find any UK stockists? and the Aqua Aire sewage treatment system...

Could anyone give me any advice on sewage treatment plants under a driveway that are cost effective (I would think these would have to be connected to a power source 24/7/365? and low noise/db?

We did have a standard tank but it needs to be changed due to the soakaway so we are looking at all options, and any advice would be great.

Sponsored Links
Any tank will have a lid, they all need desludging at intervals. Flush fitting is not so much of a problem as the siting of the tank. Glass fibre seems to be the material of choice for prefabricated palnts, whilst it may need to be surrounded in concrete, I would still have reservations about siting it under a driveway for obvious reasons....

Have you looked at Klargester? They've been making tanks and treatment plants for many years and have a vast number in service nationwide. The Biotec or Biodisc system both require a power supply, but the Biodisc is virtually silent in operation, the Biotech has an blower contained within a housing at ground level so may be slightly more noticeable in a quiet area. http://www.klargester.com/index.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back