Series 3200 (Scantronic 9800) wrong code entered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a series 3200 (I believe the same as a scantronic 9800). What is the correct sequence of steps I should do if I enter an incorrect code when deactivating the alam? (This is happening occasionally, I think due to a worn pad). I.e. Do I just reattempt entry of the correct code, do I press "clear" and then the correct code, something else?

I cannot see reference to this in the manual and am not entirely sure what I've done in the past when this has happened. Eventually I've been able to unset the alarm but I would like to be able to do so directly since sometimes I seem to be entering the code / clear / etc... until randomly things work.

Sponsored Links
As you seem to be having problems with your Keypad I suggest you change your code, sooner rather than later.

Don't use double digits, ie. 1189, 8119, 8191, 1981, 9988. Get the idea?

Don't use any of the numbers of your existing code.

USER CODE CHANGE
Enter Code
Press Prog key ( 4 )
Display will ask for Old Code ( oc )
Enter Old Code
Display will ask for New Code ( nc )
Enter New Code
Press Clear to Register & return to Day

Change the code on a fairly regular basis, if you give a code to someone and they no longer have to use the alarm any more, delete that number.

You know that it is possible to have 4x different User codes on the 9800?

Your question, if you enter a code incorrectly, wait about 5 or a bit longer, seconds before trying again, if you don't the panel sees that you are trying to enter an 8/12/16 digit number, this will cause a Keypad tamper alarm. If this ever happens, walk away for 10/20 seconds (have a quick swear) go back and enter the correct code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back