servis, spin with difficulty & there is no carbon brushe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys my mashing machine is servis M9412W four years old and today I try to wash some clothes, its the usual problem the machine try to spin The motor sounds like it is trying to spin but it seems as if there is not enough power like its heavy even though its not I read in forum and see they talking about carbon brushes so I opened it and I cannot see any carbon brushes so could it be from phasing capacitor or something else?

Sponsored Links
Carbon brushes are inside the motor,on the revolving bit of the motor,normally at the opposite end to the drive.
So not necessarily obvious,depending on how many pieces you made it into :eek:

Could also be the belt slipping ?

I open the motor and
I cannot open the pulley to take the armature out, do know how to open it shell I pull it out with knocking?

If brushes have worn there should be a reasonable amount of back dust on and around the motor.

You shouldn't need to strip the armature out the change brushes - the ones I have done have always been accessible from without stripping any of the motor down.

However Google just turned this up - Finally managed to get hold of someone at Servis and then got a new number for their spare parts company. They don''t sell spare brushes I''d have to buy the complete motor. The motor costs £170. Referred to M3022 model - but perhaps servis motors don't allow replacement brushes to be fitted!!!

Sponsored Links
no, I don't see any back dust at all its look like the motor is new and I tought carbon brushes suppose to be out side of the motor so you can change it easily maybe as you mansion they don't allow replacement brushes to be fitted.

I don't know what to do now but I know I won't buy servis any more.

induction motor probably on this machine,no brushes.Possible faulty speed module,poss faulty capacitor-very difficult for diyer to diagnose without trying new components

Ladies and gentleman Thanks, with your advice and thanks to this forum I have fixed it.
And the problem was faulty capacitor. My cost £6.99 + £1 p&p = £7.99

PS: Thanks to boys and girls how look after this site its a big help to me and thousands out there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back