Servowarm Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have an old (Installed 1980) Servowarm Elite 50 Boiler. It is standard installation othe than replacement several years ago of original mechanical timer with Landis & Gyr electronic timer unit.

The Boiler will not light. I have drained and flushed system and bled the radiators and pump to ensure that there are no blockeges. The timer, pump and pilot light appear to work ok. The timer turns on and off at correct times, pilot light stays on but main burner does not light.

I suspect the main gas valve but would be grateful for any ideas.

Parts for Servowarm systems are like the proverbial Rocking Horse waste products but if it is the valve and anyone knows of of one I would be glad to hear of it.

Good news is boiler has died as weather has got warmer ------- bad news it has died just as the Government Scrappage Schems has ended.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Although the entire gas valve is special to your boiler its components can be seperated....It sounds like the gas valve operator has gone . Need a gas safe guy out who knows what he is doing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back