Servowarm pilot light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Can anyone help. We have moved into a new place and our servowarm boiler is a bit temperemental to say the least. The pilot light keeps going out and the timer seems to lose about 2 hours each day. Is there a knack to keeping the pilot light on or do we just need to rip it out and get a new one? It's about 20 years old at least, I reckon and is an elite 30.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You will need a Corgi guy to check the boiler, maybe give it a service.

Servowarm parts when available are very expensive, considering a new boiler is a better option than throwing money at one thats coming to and end.

An RGI would advice better having seen and assessed the general condition

Thanks doitall.

I did call Servowarm or NPower as it is now and asked them to come and service it but they don't service it if it's not working which is not that helpful. I do think that we will need a new boiler but as we have just bought the flat, £2k for a new boiler would cripple us financially at the moment :cry: . I am prepared to pay a few hundred quid initially if it would give us another 12 to 18 months in the meantime.

I like that :LOL:

"I'm not going to look at your boiler if it's not working" Classic :LOL:

There's a guy on here under the name of Argile, if he's in your area he would keep the thing going for another 50 years :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should look him up for some advice, I'll point him to this thread in a minute

Sponsored Links
I know :rolleyes: .

The conversation went:

Me: I was wondering how much it would be for someone to come out and give our boiler a service?
Her: Is it working?
Me: Well, the pilot light keeps going off so..
Her: Well, we only come out to do a service if the boiler is working
Me: ????????

I did feel like saying, 'Well love, if the boiler was flipping working I wouldn't be calling you would I?' Honestly :LOL: .

It would be great if you could point a boiler guru our way though doitall, we're in Croydon and do excellent tea and biscuits :LOL: !

I like that :LOL:

"I'm not going to look at your boiler if it's not working" Classic :LOL:

There's a guy on here under the name of Argile, if he's in your area he would keep the thing going for another 50 years :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should look him up for some advice, I'll point him to this thread in a minute

I am not Argile! I am Agile !

If the boiler is not working properly then you need a repair !!! That costs more than a routine service which is fitted in when convenient and does not need a very clever person. A repair is done asap and usually the same day in our case.

Your boiler does not sound very serious to me!

We seem to be able to keep old boilers going but I dont think I will be around in another 50 years as I would be over 100 !

Just possibly I might survive for another 40 and it could run for the last 10 years without me?

Tony

Thanks Agile, 40 years would be fine by me!

Doitall, I will send you a PM thanks!

Doitall, am not sure how to PM you so maybe you could PM me?

Thanks. We don't have broadband set up at home yet but I should get it when I'm back at work next week.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back