Servowarm Elite 30 loads of crashing noises when starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I have a servowarm elite 30 and as if 5 am this morning it doesn't start up properly.
when it starts there is load crashing and banging from the boiler, (loud enough to wake me and I was asleep on the other side of the house.)

I came down to investigate and the noise is coming from around the boiler.
The pilot light is on
the gas gets lit
the flames turn yellow (With associated noise)
then the whole lot dies down
at this point I switched it off and left it for a few minutes tried again with the same results.
Normally I would just call a plumber straight away but we are moving house in 20 days and could really do with not spending any money on it.
Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Yes, I am trying but haven't got hold of anyone yet.

I was just after some advice to make sure I don't get done over

Thanks

So change the pump and check the water level.

The worrying bit is why the overheat stat didn't shut the boiler off

Sponsored Links
I think the pump is running, and I believe the over heat cut it of as the flames die back down as if it is just the pilot light.

I have guy coming later to look at it fingers crossed

Either the pump is not working or there's no water.

The overheat should cut the pilot as well, sounds like its been by-passed

or its naffed DIA

went to a luvverly old elite 50 today pump gone boiler jumping off wall and the OH stat was doing not

:)

never seen it before and i have have seen more elite 50's etc than I ever wanted to see over the years

Thanks Guys

Had mr corgi engineer around he reckons it is the pump, so will be back tommorow to sort.

Will post the end result up when I get it sorted.

or its naffed DIA

went to a luvverly old elite 50 today pump gone boiler jumping off wall and the OH stat was doing not

never seen it before and i have have seen more elite 50's etc than I ever wanted to see over the years

I look at one every time I go the the bathroom :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you save the spares when you rip it off the wall :rolleyes:

or its naffed DIA

I look at one every time I go the the bathroom :LOL: :LOL:

Hope you save the spares when you rip it off the wall :rolleyes:

I am a demon when one of the install lads changes ANY Servowarm

I am round and stripping it down fast than a rat up a drain pipe I am the pround owner of a few Supreme HEX and Burners, Loads of them carppy PCB from later elites etc etc

Since Npower brought Servowarm getting spares is harder to get than Rocking Horse Carp

Soods

I got the elite 50e, and it's been hanging on the wall off my country cottage since 1982 ish.

Other than the thermocouple all is original.

Remember the energy manager with the air and flow sensors

I got the elite 50e, and it's been hanging on the wall off my country cottage since 1982 ish.

Other than the thermocouple all is original.

Remember the energy manager with the air and flow sensors

cant say that I do DIA

refresh me memory

A little box about the same size as the wiring center, has a pump, tap and piggy symbol.

Outside sensor and an pipe sensor which controls the heat output.

Will take a pic tommorow

the pic would be helpfull cos it aint ringing no bells wif me so far DIA

i must know it as I have been working with the blleedin things for best part of 20 years

LMAO

energymanager.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back