servowarm elite50 making a loud noise on start up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, im new to the site and im looking for help with my servowarm elite50 boiler, I recently drained the system down to shift a radiator in my sons bedroom, after completing the work i re-filled the system and bled all the radiators until they were hot, but the following morning when the boiler kicked in, a very loud noise began comming from the boiler, this happens if it is set to either hot water or c/heating or both, ive tried re. bleeding the system at all the radiators and at the 22mm pipe on the boiler. but it still happens for 5-10 seconds everytime the boiler starts, the noise is like a vibration and sem to come from the boiler, Can anyone help please,

Sponsored Links
You may still have some air in the system & it may settle down in time. all that new water is full of oxygen & needs to be depleted by running the system. how much inhibiter was put in if at all ? .Does everthing work .

thanks for the reply, ive re-bled all the rads and at the boiler but still makes the really bad loud noise, i didnt put any inhibitor in as i only half drained the sysytem as the radiator was an upstairs one that i moved,

I hope this is of some use to you. When my house was built 16 years ago the central heating boiler made a noise every morning when it fired up, a loud noise like a jet taking off, it only lasted about 10 seconds and all was fine til it had been off for some time then it would be noisy at start up. The plumber tried fitting some sort of bleed valve which didnt work and then he brought a couple of gallons of possibly inhibitor that previous posts have mentioned and that solved the problem. According to the plumber it was air trapped in the system that was making the noise.

Sponsored Links
run it on hot water only this should help it clear .. bleeding the rads wont clear the air ... it only removes the air from the top of the rads . sounds like water trapped in the sercs /the flow and return to the cylinder ..

last resort is to back fill the system from a drain cock maybe 1 on the boiler ie: cold mains to the drain off and fill the system that way ,, till water starts to fill the header tank in the roof . .:)

hope this helps and good luck !

MOD 2

alter that sig

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back