ServoWarm Elite HE pilot not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My heating and hotwater stop this week and I plan to get my boiler fixed and serviced as I have recently moved to the house and do not know how the boiler has been looked after in the past.

Would somebody be able to shed some light on the problem I have so that I can either try to get it working before the service or to make sure I don't have to pay to get working parts fixed due to not knowing anything about the issue.

Details : ServoWarm Elite HE connected to ServoWarm 972 controller bit.
I think the boiler is not over 10 years old and was installed in the mid 90s
There are 4 light indicators on the front of the boiler and when working 3 come on, currently only the first 2 light up.
The ON light comes on and the FAN starts up
The pilot light indicator comes ON and then I can here a clicking, looking at the boiler you can see the blue arc light clicking ON 1-2 times a second but no flame appears. (I took the outer cover off the boiler to look for a pilot)
The RUNNING light stays OFF and the clicking continues indefinitely.

I do not plan to fix it myself unless it is a straight forward problem otherwise a will get a qualified person in.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the gas turned on? COuld be off at the meter or at the appliance - a square knob thing about 1/2" across, 1/4 turn.

Found the square knob, that should be okay as the boiler was working fine until this week. I still tried turning it and trying again but still no pilot. The gas cooker is functioning okay so gas should be making it to the boiler. Thanks for the suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back