Servowarm poor hotwater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all ready for the long story??

ok been to a job today to powerflush a system, customer not getting much hot water, central heating is fine....
flushed the system, no problem, come to try the hot water again... still poor...

it has a manual diverter valve when u swap it to hot water mode it goes for about a minute then starts to make a right racket as if there is an air lock somewhere?? there is a feed tank in the loft never seen anything like this before.... u have to feed the tank via a bucket lol , no ball valve nothing, just a tank and a 15mm copper pipe that feeds to system :S

there is an airvent that comes up from the diverter valve when u put the diverter valve to hotwater only the pipe leading to the airvent gets red hot, the low end of the central heating coil in the cylinder gets red hot, the top end is cold, sometimes gets warm but for a short amount of time??

any ideas lads??

already tried to get them to have a new system, but they are selling the house and dont want to spend much money, so this is just basicly getting on my nerves, hate things i can't find an answer to

all advice and ideas on fixing this is very welcomed ..

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Would suspect a blockage in the changeover valve , only small hole in it to feed hot water circuit or possibly blockage in coil .

Thats a typical cheap Servowarm installation with no ballvalve. You could offer to fit one for her.

As Namsag says the manual rainbow valve is probably blocked. But trouble is if you try to take it apart for cleaning the shaft seal may leak and as far as I know they are no longer available.

As a last resort you could pipe up a couple of gate valves to do the job instead.

It always amazes me how people selling a house for £100,000 upwards dont want to get anything properly repaired and then TAKE THE LIGHT BULBS!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back