Setting an alarm system during a power falure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed a Scantronics 9651 alarm system and the other day the power to the building failed for several hours. I was in the building at the time (business premises) and wanted to set the alarm when I left but the normal method failed.

After a lot of faffing about I managed to set it and closed the exist door. I then wanted to see if it was really set so went back in and it responded to my unset. Good I thought, but could not for the life of me remember how I had managed to set it without the power on!

Can anyone please help me.

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
I suspect it was setup to prompt you of mains fail but you can still set it (with A/B/etc.)

Depending upon configuration (IIRC) it can inhibit setting on mains fail or allow setting (but it sounds like it reminded you).

I suspect it was setup to prompt you of mains fail but you can still set it (with A/B/etc.)

Depending upon configuration (IIRC) it can inhibit setting on mains fail or allow setting (but it sounds like it reminded you).

Thanks for your suggestion. I only use the A setting and for my sins I installed the system. It does warn me in the event of a power failure but I am not clear how I managed to reset the system whilst off power!

Cheers

Richard

If you have it configured so that a mains fault doesn't ever need a reset, you can pretty much use the alarm as normal, with or without mains.

But I seem to remember that that it askes "set with mains fault?"...

I assume that it's not one of those new, horrible 9651PD alarms :evil:

Sponsored Links
If you have it configured so that a mains fault doesn't ever need a reset, you can pretty much use the alarm as normal, with or without mains.

I assume that it's not one of those new, horrible 9651PD alarms :evil:

No it's a Scantronics 9651. What's wrong about the 9651 PD?

Cheers

Richard

:evil:

I've just checked and it is set so that when the power fails it does not need a reset. I wish I could remember how I managed to set the alarm with the mains having failed! Hopefully you or someone will be able to suggest how to do it.

Cheers

Richard

Try 137=2 (part of a PD setup anyway)

[might depend on what firmware you have]

Thanks. You have rather lost me ! I've looked at the 9651 handbook and cannot work out what this is all about and would appreciate your assistance please.

Many thanks

Richard

Ah, this is something setup when the panel is programmed up.

Unless you have engineering code and prgramming guide you are out of luck - but whoever does/can maintain the alarm can do this. But beaware, different firmware alters little things like this and it is pausible that your cannot be changed.

If someone is nearby they might be able to help.

Ah, this is something setup when the panel is programmed up.

Unless you have engineering code and prgramming guide you are out of luck - but whoever does/can maintain the alarm can do this. But beaware, different firmware alters little things like this and it is pausible that your cannot be changed.

If someone is nearby they might be able to help.

Thanks for your assistance. I have he installer's handbook and the installer's code so is this something I should be able to do with a little bit of hand holding?

Cheers

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back