Setting Belling oven clock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just moved in to a flat with a Belling X0U70FP BU Double oven and I can't set the clock. I have eventually realsied that the clock can not be flashing in order for the oven to work. I now want to set it to the correct time. The setting buttons are an up and a down arrow either side of a clock/timer middle. Please help!!! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yup, you're right.

A power failure will cause ovens with a digital clock to reset & flash & the oven will not switch on until the clock display is no longer flashing. In fact, while the correct time is useful, it is only necessary to have a steady display in order for the oven to operate.

I have done a quick Google search and not come up with anything yet.

I guess you have randomly pressed buttons and at least got to the point where the display is steady and you can use the oven?

Have you got a manual for it?

The only other thing would be to wait till morning & ring the manufacturer:

Customer Care
•Tel: 0844 815 3746
Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 8.00 am - 6.00 pm, Sat 8.30 am - 2.00 pm, Sun 10.00 am - 2.00 pm

I suggest you get in touch with DeludedAussie, an expert in all such things.

Seriously though, I think me mate has a belling that he's forever resetting the clock on (PAYG leccy). If I'm right and you're not sorted by tomorrow I can get an answer that may help.

Sponsored Links
Firstly, approach the cooker, confidently and with a glint of resolve in your eye. Press the ‘plus’ and ‘minus’ buttons simultaneously, wait for a few seconds and then release them.

The LED display will begin to flash with a ‘ ‘ symbol between the numbers. Use this window to adjust the time, using the plus button to move upwards, and the minus button to wind time back a notch or two (enjoy the curious sense of power at this point, as you appear to be reversing time…).

Once you’re there, and the time is correct, simply wait for thirty seconds and resist touching any other timer buttons and functions! This brief pause will allow the time to set, and then operate correctly. You’ve done it! Have a glass of wine to celebrate.

You can now the set the alarm tone from three choices, using the minus button. Press it to hear the first option. Release and press again to hear the second tone, and repeat the process to hear the third tone. To pick the tone you like, simply release the minus button after you’ve heard it – the tone will automatically select.

For a minute minder – press the function button, just once. The bell symbol will begin to flash, giving you a 5 second time frame to set the time duration. Do this using the plus and minus buttons – and the minute minder will be set. Upon timer countdown, the alarm you’ve selected will ring. You can also cancel the tone by pressing any buttons – similarly to cancel the minute minder function, press the function button and plus / minus buttons simultaneously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back