Setting Deco B&Q Mixer Shower Temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I'm guessing this gets asked all the time this time of year, but does anyone know how and if you can set / override the max temperature of a B&Q own make Deco mixer shower (http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9986545) . The instructions show a different temp control with a removable central cap, which this one doesn't have. I also tried unscrewing the single bar for turning on/off and no grub screws under there.

The combi is putting out scalding hot water (although it fluctuates a bit), but the mains cold is seriously strong. I was going on the basis the high cold pressure was over powering the mixer.

Any help is appreciated as it's no fun showering in a look warm shower.

Sponsored Links
you dont have the instructions then?

i think you have to remove the cartridge and adjust it or turn it then put it back.

Yeah got the instructions, but in the calibration of water temperature they show a single leaver with a center cap. You remove the center cap, undo a crosshead and pull the leaver off to access the cartridge. Mine has a tap style leaver, with no center cap and none of the four pillars of the tap unscrew to review grub screws. The body looks the same so assume cartridge is in the same place.

Sponsored Links
Yeah got the instructions, but in the calibration of water temperature they show a single leaver with a center cap. You remove the center cap, undo a crosshead and pull the leaver off to access the cartridge. Mine has a tap style leaver, with no center cap and none of the four pillars of the tap unscrew to review grub screws. The body looks the same so assume cartridge is in the same place.

Hi did you manage sort this problem as I have just installed the same shower and getting the exact same problem...cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back