sewage stack smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted some months ago about the terrible smell in ny bathroom. I live in a top floor apartment with an internal bathroom. Having explored all arears suggested and taking the bathroom apart I called in experts to check the sewage pipes with camers. The guy went into my roof space to check the stack and found it finished at floor level with no vent, just a plastic cap on top. I am now researching sewage stacks and find they should be vented through the roof, can someone tell me if this is the case in apartment blocks. The building is only 7 years old and is covered by NHBC.

Sponsored Links
I posted some months ago about the terrible smell in ny bathroom. I live in a top floor apartment with an internal bathroom. Having explored all arears suggested and taking the bathroom apart I called in experts to check the sewage pipes with camers. The guy went into my roof space to check the stack and found it finished at floor level with no vent, just a plastic cap on top. I am now researching sewage stacks and find they should be vented through the roof, can someone tell me if this is the case in apartment blocks. The building is only 7 years old and is covered by NHBC.

Just a plastic cap as far as I can tell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back