Sewerage smells

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Everytime someone uses the bath or wash basin, there is a sewer type smell in the kitchen (which is below the bathroom). Any ideas...?

Sponsored Links
Could be a trap is blowing under sink or Washingmachine......maybe the drain is blocked outside...nice one for the weekend. :(

I have the same problem myself whenever I use the sink or washing machine. a very unpleasant smell. Can someone explain what the trap is and is there anything that can be done to improve it?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Saydee said:
Everytime someone uses the bath or wash basin, there is a sewer type smell in the kitchen (which is below the bathroom). Any ideas...?
By any chance are the pipes from the basin and bath tee'd into the sink waste pipe? If so then running the upstairs pipes in a seperate pipe from the sink waste pipe would help .
What is the arrangement of the pipes ?
Do they run into a soil stack or outside to a gully?
Are your drains blocked?

Fizz said:
I have the same problem myself whenever I use the sink or washing machine. a very unpleasant smell. Can someone explain what the trap is and is there anything that can be done to improve it?
Thanks
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thread Hijack:!: Please re-post as new Topic :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back