Shall we all go to Florida?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since plumbers don't make the rumoured money in the UK most of the punters who come on here asking our advice assume we make, I wander if there is any truth in this one?

Just did a repair for a builder who has got back from hols in Florida. They sign up heating engineers or electricians from the UK sight unseen, some don't even bother returning home for their stuff.

The pay is reported to be $180,000. BY all accounts you can get some fancy car which costs £80,000 over here for $19,000 over there.

I told the family when I got in (before going out to the estimates) we're off to Florida!!!

Can anyone corroberate this?

Sponsored Links
As you can do both, i cant imagine how you'll live on a mere $360,000. :LOL:

Paul it wouldn't suprise me.

I for one am sick and tired of the now inherent perception the public have to all tradesman not just us Gas engineers/plumbers

I blame it fairly and squarely on the media and alas the programs we have all see on TV which are trying to do some good but simply end up doing what they have done, and that is the poor sods still getting ripped off by cowboys and the rest of joe public thinking we are all cowboys :(

Get in there. I'm off to Florida in Feb, Paul if you get me some more info
I will look into when I'm there.

Can't promise I will come back though. But I can always E mail.

Andsam.

Sponsored Links
Are ya'll mental????? "eeeeeeeehaw!!!" wot wiv global warming??? All I can suggest is as the water rises and the water moccasins and alligators come foraging fer tasty morsals is that if ya'll do move stateside sunshine state, is that yer all buy houses wiv very long stilts and forget the $80,000 dollar gas guzzlers..... get a lirrl hovercraft!!!!!

One of the problems we suffer due to the public's perception that we are minted is the amount of them who think it's fair game not to pay us. Had another one two days ago, only £190 but it happens quite often, have been round tonight no answer.

What my contact said was that the locals over there are a bit thick, they need our skills.

Paul Barker said:
................. the locals over there are a bit thick, ..............

No they're not, they voted for Dubya........doh!

they voted his bro (george dubya's) as governor of florida. but, alledgedly, there was vote rigging to get Florida to return georgie poos in the presidential election. missing ballots, people not issued wiv ballots cant vote if a criminal shares ya name (skerooowed if ya names john smith er worreva the us =valent is.... now dont get me bangin on about politics... i'll neva stop! :LOL:

Paul Barker said:
Just did a repair for a builder who has got back from hols in Florida. They sign up heating engineers or electricians from the UK sight unseen, some don't even bother returning home for their stuff.

I would have thought that Texas or Wyoming would be more suitable for some, Stetson and spurs being required uniform

I'm staying put.

As tough as it might be for us, the easier it becomes for cowboys to operate (and I'm not saying that it is), the more that this country needs tradespeople with integrity.

As far as non-payers and late payers are concerned, the right action is to de-register them as customers. I have a customer who's owed me more then £300 for more than a month, despite knowing in advance what the job would cost. The next time she has an emergency, it'll take me at least that long to get there...

Yee Friggin Haaaaaaaa.......My M8`s got a house in Kissemee.........Ill go over next year for def. and see what`s cooking .......Then Britain can Kiss-a- me-ASS :LOL: :cool: 2 sons ..1`s a spread, the other a good artist.........Nige F in Florida...........stuff the F`in England :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back