Shaver socket working properly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to call out the electrician but I want to be sure I'm not being stupid.
I've recently had an extension done and after following everyones advice, got an electrician in to do everything. I noticed recently that my shaver socket in my new bathroom didn't seem to work. To cut a long story short, it only works when the bathroom lights are on. Is this normal? I assume it's connected to the switched live of the lights, rather than the permanent live. I'll feel a fool if he tells me that the regs say that is the way it should work. Am I right to call him back?

Sponsored Links
Get him back to do it properly but it's most likely a simple mistake on the sparx part, as you've guessed sounds like he's connected to the switched live not perm live of lighting circuit .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back