Shed design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am designing a custom lean to shed for the side of my house. I want to make the most of the space so I am building almost up to the fence, so essentialy the long side will not be seen by anyone and will not get much pounding by the weather. I was intending to make the frame then use featheredge boards to create the skin, should I be adding a layer of ply before the featheredge or will it be enough ?

All advise appreciated

Sponsored Links
you need to make sure all the structure is on your land including overhang and guttering
you also need to make sure the run off falls fully on your land from the roof

Depends how waterproof you want it to be.

As ludicrous as it sounds technically Building Regs apply, as its obviously only a shed most Building Control departments usually take a sensible approach and turn a blind eye however it has been known for Building Control to try and muscle in.

Thanks for the quick replies, it will have a gutter that does not overhang the boundry, this will flow into a water butt.

Did not consider building regs for a shed, will look into that, thanks

Sponsored Links
What if the water butt overflows? It cant just overflow next to the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back