Shed Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,

I need some help with the inherited electrics in my shed.

The power comes into the shed into a double socket.This is connected to a light swith, which is used for a single flourescent light and a normal bulb light. Also from the double socket there is attached a single FCU utilised by a fridge/freezer. Finally, also from the double socket is a cable leading to another double socket and a single socket.

Is this set up safe? If not, what is the easiest way to sort it out, apart from getting in a qualified electrician? Will it require a further power cable from the house?

Many thanks.

Aldo's Dad.

Sponsored Links
It would not pass any inspection as it is but before you start to re-wire your shed what type of supply cable do you have to the socket & where does it come from? If it has been done with 2.5mm T&E then I am afraid there is no easy way to sort it, other than calling a spark.

As far as I can see the cable into the shed comes from an FCU in the kitchen. The same cable also seems to supply a double outside socket. There is only one cable going into the double socket in the shed.

Cheers

Aldo's Dad
:oops:

As the plot thickens, I really think you need someone who knows what they are doing to look at it. Sorry I can't be more help. In answer to your first post I think it could be potentially dangerous.

Sponsored Links
Re: Electrical Help Needed

Thanks for all the suspected bad news.

Have disconnected everything in the shed apart from the fridge/freezer and have put a plug on the cable of this and am just using it in a normal socket.

Now where did I put the yellow pages?

Thanks for all replies.

Aldo' Dad.
:cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back