Shiney black worktops

Hi all
Well got a guy in to quote for removal of old worktops and supply and fitting of new laminate worktop (formica). Quick length sizes are as follows:
breakfast bar 2m
sink piece 1.9 m
cooker piece 0.6 and 0.86 m
utility pieces 0.57m and 3.93m
Plus fitting of new sink with new taps (not top of the range but basic). Said it would take about day and half (on his own).
Quote came out as matt finish laminate top £777.
Is this good?
Still waiting for other quote to come in.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are posters saying that black gloss granite worktops scratch/mark/stain easily, or is it the laminate gloss that's the culprit?

We have had black gloss granite worktops for about 18 months, and it does not mark, chip, stain or scratch at all. Of course you have to clean it as much as any worktop. Water will leave a mark after several hours, but this dries out and disappears when cleaned. Occasionally I clean them with general purpose surface cleaner and it comes up a treat. It's the best thing we've had in the kitchen - indestructible. I suppose it could crack if you had sex on it.

Anyone know how to remove smears from brushed stainless steel?

Rgds.

Are posters saying that black gloss granite worktops scratch/mark/stain easily, or is it the laminate gloss that's the culprit?

We have had black gloss granite worktops for about 18 months, and it does not mark, chip, stain or scratch at all. Of course you have to clean it as much as any worktop. Water will leave a mark after several hours, but this dries out and disappears when cleaned. Occasionally I clean them with general purpose surface cleaner and it comes up a treat. It's the best thing we've had in the kitchen - indestructible. I suppose it could crack if you had sex on it.

Anyone know how to remove smears from brushed stainless steel?

Rgds.

No we're talking about laminate chipboard worktops, real stone is the dogs.

Stainless: Use white vinegar and a soft lint free cloth, look for microfibre cloths in the cleaning section of wherever you buy your cleaning stuff.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back