Shock sensor

Ooooh you've snitched to teecher av u? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info guys.

Im going to go for a shock sensor and give it a go, hopefully i'll be able to set its sensitivty to allow for the upvc.

Is there anything i could do to perhaps minimise the false alarm potential, as the two doors are glass, could i perhaps aim an internal PIR on the glass doors and have the shock sensor on the door also-could i set it up so the alarm would be triggered only when both sensors activate?

Im new to alarms so apologies if some of my questions are a bit basic.

Regards.

You can get a shock sensor with a built in magnetic contact so you can decrease the sensitivity of the sensor so that if it failed to register a gross attack (unlikely) you still have a contact that operates when the door opens.

The sensors also have a double knock feature so that two activations are required in a short time frame. Many panels also have this feature.

You could also add a PIR to the room if desired.

Thanks for the info guys.

Im going to go for a shock sensor and give it a go, hopefully i'll be able to set its sensitivty to allow for the upvc.

Is there anything i could do to perhaps minimise the false alarm potential, as the two doors are glass, could i perhaps aim an internal PIR on the glass doors and have the shock sensor on the door also-could i set it up so the alarm would be triggered only when both sensors activate?

Im new to alarms so apologies if some of my questions are a bit basic.

Regards.

"i`m new to alarms" - is that why your not listening?

you cannot fit an impact detector to a U-PVC door or window and expect it to trigger - IF YOU COULD IT WOULD BE TOO SENSITIVE AND ACTIVATING ALL THE TIME - IF YOU HAVE A U-PVC DOOR WITH AN IMPACT THAT ISNT TRIGGERING ALL THE TIME ITS NOT CAPABLE OF DETECTING AN ATTEMPTED BREAK IN - END OFF.

forget the impact detector.

Sponsored Links
Attilla wrote

is that why your not listening?

Ha, ive been reading back through the topic and whilst you offer the opinion that shock sensors arent suitable for upvc doors, denford and joe-90 give the opinion that they can be fitted (albiet requiring some adjustments), hence me seeking clarification..................either way, there's no need for you to be such an a*se!

If there are conflicting opinions on a subject (shock sensors anyone?) , as in this topic, then surelly this forum is the place to debate them with others..........surelly that would be more helpfull than having to read your 'mightier than thou'' rubbish.

But then, i guess your just one of those individuals that use the forum to make yourself feel superior, rather than wanting to help.

Anyway, i guess i better keep quiet before you report me to mods too.

Regards.

Joe-90 wrote

You can get a shock sensor with a built in magnetic contact so you can decrease the sensitivity of the sensor so that if it failed to register a gross attack (unlikely) you still have a contact that operates when the door opens.

The sensors also have a double knock feature so that two activations are required in a short time frame. Many panels also have this feature.

You could also add a PIR to the room if desired.

Ok, thanks for that Joe. Im going to go for a viper sensor with the built in mag contact. I'll adjust the sensitivity to suit, my thinking is that i'll be able to make it 'unsensitive' enough to register upvc cracking but enough to register someone trying to smash the back door in (its a decent sturdy door, so would require some force!)

I have a PIR in the room already but its pointing away from the double door - i did this as the technical leaflet specifically said not to point towards windows/glass.

If i had concerns about the sensitivty of the shock sensor, could i add another PIR to the room directed at the double door and set the panel up so it triggers when the PIR registers and the shock sensor triggers?
So if someone's at the back door and trying to force the door, both sensors trigger to sound alarm.

Is this feasible or utter rubbish? :LOL:

Regards.

So now you're an expert on the subject?
Yet you still want to debate the subject because you really ain't sure - as confirmed in your following post.

Attila wrote

Far from it otherwise i wouldnt be on here would i. Dont know how you've got the impression i think im an expert to be honest.

Ive noticed you seem to enjoy trying to make others appear a bit dim Atilla, maybe that makes you feel better about yourself............thats not the point of the forum though, its to debate alarm topics and allow people to seek advise, and maybe even educate themselves a bit in the process. I guess you'l always get some keyboard warriors though who just dont understand that.

If you have nothing relevant to add to the topic then may i suggest you refrain from posting because to be quite honest, your very tedious.

Regards.

Attila wrote

Far from it otherwise i wouldnt be on here would i. Dont know how you've got the impression i think im an expert to be honest.

Ive noticed you seem to enjoy trying to make others appear a bit dim Atilla, maybe that makes you feel better about yourself............thats not the point of the forum though, its to debate alarm topics and allow people to seek advise, and maybe even educate themselves a bit in the process. I guess you'l always get some keyboard warriors though who just dont understand that.

If you have nothing relevant to add to the topic then may i suggest you refrain from posting because to be quite honest, your very tedious.

Regards.

dont you love that phrase - anyway, your still not listening - all the industry guys are telling you "forget it, it wont work" - the diy`ers are telling you its the best thing since sliced bread

go make your own mistakes - just dont come back moaning you got screwed and the alarm never activated

go make your own mistakes - just dont come back moaning you got screwed and the alarm never activated

One thing we do know for a fact - it won't activate if it isn't fitted. It will almost certainly do so if the OP adjusts it as he says he is going to.

One thing we do know for a fact - it won't activate if it isn't fitted. It will almost certainly do so if the OP adjusts it as he says he is going to.

you know it won`t activate - you certainly cannot guarantee it.

You can't guarantee a PIR will cover the whole room can you? It's just another layer of protection - nothing more, but the more layers you have the greater your protection. You know you are wrong so why labour the point?

You can't guarantee a PIR will cover the whole room can you? It's just another layer of protection - nothing more, but the more layers you have the greater your protection. You know you are wrong so why labour the point?

no, yet again your wrong - I have an insurance backed guarantee that my equipment will work and my advice is covered too ............ do you?

You really mean you pay an insurance premium to cover failure. It's no guarantee.

You really mean you pay an insurance premium to cover failure. It's no guarantee.

please answer the question - he won`t.

are you legally covered to offer advice to members of the public?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back