Shorten a Upvc conservatory (moved from Projects)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking at buying a second hand conservatory but getting the right size is a problem dose any body no if you can reduce them in size like taking a meter off each side as I've only got 3.5mts To play with on the length

Sponsored Links
It pretty much depends on whether there's a joint at the right point. uPVC is only plastic, and so can be cut with a circular saw through a joint. If you've got a good supplier nearby, they should then be able to sell you the parts to rebuild the corners, and then cover over the repairs.

Thanks for the reply got a friend who thinks they can sort it out for us

Sponsored Links
The conservatory I'm looking at is 1 window section to big was thinking of removing the hole section including the roof and keeping it all in line do you think it would be possible

The prince has made a good point. I've cut though the Ali sections, but only when they haven't been structural - yes I know, that's a bit of a contradiction. Has the conservatory been dismantled. Can you see from the top, and can you check how the sections have been assembled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back