Should billionaires and multinationals pay fair tax?

Sponsored Links
I find the rationale of 'let's tax the rich to within an inch of their life!!!' very distasteful.
Do you find the 4.8 million living in food poverty and the 6 million living in fuel poverty distasteful?

Personally I find the massive level of wealth inequality in this country distasteful

Here's a thought, why not get the work shy back into work so they can contribute through paying taxes?
how many "work shy" are there?

the article you link does a sleight of hand. it mentions:

"This means there are 9.2 million people aged between 16 and 64 who are not in work and not searching for a new job. The figure is 700,000 higher than before the Covid-19 pandemic."

and then leads onto a discussion about Z-gen, conveniently not addressing the actual age groups of the 700,000 who left work....most of which are people who chose to change their lifestyle and retire.

its an old trope to try and blame the "work shy"

lets have a grown up conversation about how many people that actually represents

think outside the box. Millions is lost to brits working in the UK economy living in tax heavens or lower tax countries. £19Bn in lost taxes for British ex-pats living in Dubai. That is just one example.

When Labour get in, we will be back to 55% tax and a whole raft of employee rights that mean the UK will no longer be one of the best places in Europe to hire. taxes will go up - receipts will come down.
How much is lost on offshore havens. Not by the lower paid, is it.

Tax needs to be collected, its that simple.
Employment rights here are already weak compared to lots of places in Europe and you want them even weaker.

Sponsored Links
Do you find the 4.8 million living in food poverty and the 6 million living in fuel poverty distasteful?

Personally I find the massive level of wealth inequality in this country distasteful

You think that's caused by not taxing rich folk more?!?

Deary deary me.

I prefer to hire in the UK rather than Germany, France, Belgium etc because it is significantly less risk. I currently have people residing in the UK working those markets. It would be a shame to let their jobs go to Europe.
Less risk. For your gain, not the workers.

Are you aware of French employment rights.

.... the 700,000 who left work....most of which are people who chose to change their lifestyle and retire.
diy_fun is attacking the old.

Ex-motor mechanics and the like.

You think that's caused by not taxing rich folk more?!?

Deary deary me.
the last few years has the largest increase in the wealth of millionaires and billionaires
since 2010 onwards we have seen a constant shift of assets from the poor to the rich

how do you think that can be reversed?

Should billionaires and multinationals pay fair tax?​

So the score so far is

Motorbiking - No

diy_fun - No

Everybody else - Yes

I have a feeling the vote will be more that 52%:48%

Which we all know is a massive democratic mandate.

Sponsored Links
Back