Should EDF be supplying household earth for free or fee?

What's that link got to do with the subject BAS?

It asks "Does animal therapy really improve the lives of people with dementia?"

I guess you might be able to answer that from personal experience. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Your eyes are broken - take them back.

t248840.jpg

:LOL:

Sounds like an upgrade on a TT system, which in my experience, if the poles have an earth drop on them then they take a loop reading, if it is under .35 then they apply a sticker and relieve you of £80 around here! It used to be free though :(

The above is now the likely job as I understand it.
I discovered a lot more this weekend!

EDF are a bunch of wasters as they never turned up in the due date for installation and when phoned the next day to say "where were you?" they responded that the address was in Croydon borough rather than Lambeth(By about 100 metres) so not their area so they wouldn't do it! And to call LPF(?)
LPF said "we don't do that any more, call your supplier!"
Southern Electric said "We don't do it, get an electrician to do it!"

So...... the friendly electrician who is doing the other work in the kitchen came around and looked at the set-up. He spotted an earth block on the side of the box where the main big cable comes in and said if that tests okay then he can use it and put a sticker on the front saying it was a TN-S system(?) and that was it! The test came back at 0.21 out of a limit of 0.35 so we're on!

How bloody rude of EDF just not turn up or call the customer at all! Bunch of w#~*&%s if you ask me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back