should i get a new combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a baxi 105e its 10 years old (no problems so far ) is it worth changing it ?. Its Sap is78.5 so if I get a new boiler at around 90 sap I'll save around 10% a year on gas is this correct

Sponsored Links
Very few boilers made now will last 10 years. 105 is a good boiler. Get it serviced as per the manual NO LESS. If you do that, you will not be needlessly getting a new boiler with plastic parts, high repair bills or finding someone who understands the even more complicated boiler and how to fix it

High efficiency figure is if the radiators and other loads are matched to the boiler. Your true efficiency might well be lower than quoted figure

Fit a programmable room thermostat and TRVs ( on radiators that are heated by the sun or other heat sources like cooker/ hobs)

If possible zone living and sleeping areas

Find other ways to reduce fuel bills but keep the boiler meantime

90% is only under perfect conditions in reality for majority of time it is low 80`s .
105 will last another 10 years

got some out ther 13 year old and still as good as new

Sponsored Links
Agree with others, and as you are in soft water area, I reckon 10 years easily.

Though I would also say a modern boiler in your area should last a heck of a lot longer than one would down here in Cotswolds, with high calcium and very high grit content that just kills them.

I have seen Baxis of all sorts down here going for 25years plus so tells me they are bullet proof even in hardwater areas

There is never any benefit replacing a wall mounted boiler just to improve efficiency because the costs of the new boiler outweigh the saving from a very small increase in efficiency!

Tony

As others have said, if it aint broke, dont fix it. Whilst its still going, and if it does go down and its a cheap fix then keep it going. They say 10 years out of a combi isnt bad! Should you need to replace it, i would deffo reccomebd the baxi duo tec series, i know 4 people including myself, oldest one is 5 years old. Only problem so far any of us have had, is the batteries in the remote thermostat going flat. And they now come with a 7 year warranty! Thats confidence from baxi!

As others have said, if it aint broke, dont fix it

Excuse me, I never said do not fix it. A boiler should be serviced at regular intervals as suggested by the makers. To overlook this requirement is asking for trouble ;)

If it aint broke dont fix it was just a figure of speech. What i meant by it was if its working why replace it. apologies for any confusion or insult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back