should we build an extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to build an extension/conservatory at the back of my house.

The extension/conservatory will be extending about 15/20 feet out from the house from the back dining room and will be about 15ft wide. It will contain: a small toilet and a small cloakroom and rest will be a living area.

The back gets no sun, therefore it is generally cold all year round.

Question: should we build an extension with a roof or build a giant conservatory?
What are the highs and lows?

Sponsored Links
Well, you cant have a toilet in a conservatory.. as a conservatory is a greenhouse attached to the property with an external door etc.

Do a proper job and go for an extension, it will add value to the property and may not cost alot more than a conservatory would. If you are worried about it being dark, add a couple of roof lights.

I'm in agreement here. Do a proper extension - you won't regret it.

You can put in some big skylights to bring in lots of light. And with a decent amount of insulation you will have a room that you can use all year round.

Sponsored Links
agree with the guys, proper extension. if the building allows, put a tiled pitched roof on it too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back