Shower 15mm wall mounted feeds - elbow edge showing through wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I have my 15mm copper shower pipes coming through the wall ready to mount shower fast fix kit over the top. The problem is, the elbows are showing through the wall slightly (from where the wall coating was going to be thicker) so now the fast fix kit won't push back all the way.

Any ideas on what to do?

I thought either make some mount brackets to account or the size, or bore out the back of the brass shower bracket slightly so it will fit further back? Not sure how to do that neatly though. Please see photos

Attachments

• IMG_8461.JPG
    IMG_8461.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8462.JPG
    IMG_8462.JPG
    431.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8463.JPG
    IMG_8463.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
You'd lose all it's stregth if you bore enough out to accept the previous c0ck up.

I suggest you have 2 options ;
a) cut into the wall and correct the piping problem so's the elbow is sunk below the surface or
b) fit 10mm sheet of whatever over the complete wall so's the elbow ends up 'buried'

A job worth doing is best done once

Thank you for your replies so far. The wall is microcement so cannot be covered or drilled into.

Any specific type of stepped drill bit? It only need to drill about 4mm deep into the back of the brass at I presume a width of 16mm

Sponsored Links
Put the chrome trims on and put a bead of silicon over the 4mm gap. Once the chrome trims are on, the gap might be less than 4mm.

De-solder the pipe out the fitting.

Cut one of these down and grind off the chrome. Make a a perfect clean to brass.

Insert and solder into fitting. You then have your thread.

Your pipework needs to he spot on for this to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back