Shower advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and gals, new to the site and looking for a little bit of advice.

I will soon be refurbishing my bathroom and installing a new shower in the process, but which sort? I currently have an electric shower which sometimes runs ok and sometimes doesn't!
I believe the problem with the shower is low water pressure, I have a combi boiler system and the pressure downstairs is fantastic. However upstairs is a different story, the pressure isn't fantastic and to run a really hot bath I have to turn the tap down to a virtual trickle. The cold water feed isnt great either and this may be affecting the electric shower.

So my question is, can i use a power shower with mains fed cold water and if not is it worth using a mixer system with poor water pressure or even can I improve the pressure at all?

Thanks in advance for any help

Steve.

Sponsored Links
You can't run a pump on mains water I'm afraid.

What combi have you got? What's the water (hot and cold) from the bathroom basin taps like when turned on full - does is supply hot water at speed or do you have to run this slowly too?

Hi there,

The combi is a gloworm 24cxi, the basin pressure is JUST about adequate, it certainly doesn't come out with any force, but doesn't need to be turned down either, the cold water is slightly better, would new taps help at all?

I didn't expect to be able to use a pump shower but its still a blow!

Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back