Shower and intermittent fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
New to the forum and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on the problem i'm having with my shower. It's a triton t80si and about 3yrs old. The water was running cold and i replaced the thermostat, so far so good. Then the water would run hot for 3-4 minutes then switch off... no water at all ! I'd leave it for a while then the same would happen again, think there are gremlins at work here.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem please, or is it time to get myself a new shower?
Thanks
Kirstie

Sponsored Links
kirstiekk said:
Then the water would run hot for 3-4 minutes then switch off... no water at all !

lack of water would be plumbing.

Not sure thats the answer? I checked the water pressure by disconnecting the water supply and letting it run, the pressure is fine. I'm guessing more electrical.
Thanks for your thoughts on it though.
Kirstie

T80i is that the one with apush on push off button?

Sounds to me like you have a poor connection to the shower.
Have you checked the incoming terminals and the isolation switch in the ceiling.
Water will only flow whilst the solenoid is energised.

Sponsored Links
Triton Crap seem to last 12 months and one minute. I would replace for anything but Triton, but do check terminals first ust incase although i doubt this is your problem.

clutching at straws here but did you replace the thermostat with the same part number exactly, could be opening when it should be closing? Did you wire the stat up exactly as before?One other thing check the flow switch is operating properly this shuts off the heater if the flow is stopped or slow could be the reason for cold water before?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back