Shower bath, cant find the right size!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are looking to change the current bath in the main bedroom.

The bath we have in there now is 690 wide but we can fit in a bath up to 740, problem is that ?I cant find a shower bath anywhere near 740 at its widest point.

I suppose this means that I will have to stick to a straight bath with a straight shower panel or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So, to be clear, the showering end can't be wider than 740mm? What is your max length?

Length is not really an issue as the current bath finishes short of the wall as there are cabinets that run along the back.

740 is the max width though, been looking for a while now and had no luck

Ideal Standard Studio Spacemaker would do, but I'd be more inclined to just buy a 740mm wide bath and a straight screen...what's the problem with a straight screen anyway?

Sponsored Links
Just the wife would like one, so spent a couple of months looking with no luck

Tell her she's wrong, a shower bath 740mm wide will be a lot narrower in the non-showering end, she'll get a much nicer bathing experience when using the bath as a bath if it's 740mm wide all the way down. Something like this might pacify her... http://www.purekbb.com/Baths/Freestanding-Baths/Royce-Morgan-Vogue-Barwick-Freestanding-Bath/11032 Alternatively, if you don't use the bath as a bath, install a walk-in shower ;)

Another radical idea - is 740mm the max width at both ends of the bath? IE could you put the taps and shower at the other end and have a bigger one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back