Shower Cabin tripping leccy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have an Insignia GT0509W shower/steam cabin, which was installed before we bought the house. We've been using it fine for the last 8 months, then all of a sudden one night, when we weren't even using it, the whole power tripped. We narrowed it down to the shower cabin and have left the fuse out since. We then popped the fuse in last weekend, and it was fine, so we've been using it all week, but then the power just tripped again, and again it was the shower cabin at fault :(

I'm trying to pull it out so I can have a look to see if there's an obvious place where water has leaked into somewhere it shouldn't, but I'm concerned about the waste hardware becoming damaged. I've pulled it away from the wall be around 15cm, but now it's stuck, and I'm not sure if it's just one of the concealed feet stick on the edge of a floor tile, or I'm about to destroy the waste hardware.

Anyone ever fitted something like this could give me some pointers?

Cheers in advance,

Carlos...

Sponsored Links
http://www.insigniarange.co.uk/instructions/GT0509-Instructions.pdf said:
These showers are designed to be free standing and movable from their location should you have need to replace anything. ALWAYS USE Flexible braided water inlet pipes at least a metre long (not central heating plastic type! )

So provided it was installed correctly with flexible hoses it should be OK to move it far enough to see when the flexibles are becoming taut.
( unlike a similar one that was plumbed in with rigid pipework )

I would have thought that the electrics were accessible without having to pull the units out. No access from the control panel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back