Shower Floor Gradient

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to install a marble shower enclosure. Is there any building regulations relating to minimum falls for the shower floor? I know you can get formers with the falls built in but I think I'll just be using a marine ply deck set at an angle.

Sponsored Links
No Building regs. governing minimum fall of a shower floor but obviously you need one for water to drain away properly; there are regulations governing the fall/size/connection of waste. I would advise you re-consider using either a proprietary shower tray or wet room former. Ply is not a good idea for a shower base; it must be rigidly supported, sealed on the back & edges & tanked into at least the bottom 1/3 of the walls or it may only last a matter of months. Have a read through the archive tiling forum posts, lots of info in there to help you avoid making expensive mistakes on the rest of it. ;)

If you do go with ply, you don’t need marine ply either, WBP is cheaper & made using the same waterproof adhesive on the veneers but without the decorative veneers on the outside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back