Shower Head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced the shower head on my electric shower. The old one no longer gave a spray but as the rubber nozzel lining had come away from the plastic shower head, all I got was the effect of turning on a tap. The new shower head makes water pour out of the shower unit on the wall. I'm guessing due to a build up of pressure.Can I do anything? Is there a way other than hit and miss to tell if a shower head will work properly?

Sponsored Links
You can get specific heads for electric showers.........usually smaller/fewer holes than other types

water from the shower unit ?

have i fitted the washer to both ends ?

Thanks for the replies

I bought the head from B&Q it says on the packet that it is suitable for an electric shower.

Both of the rubber washers are in place.

Is there anything else it could be?

Sponsored Links
Oh and the water is appearing to come out from the shower unit. If I take the shower head off it doesn't leak and if I place my thumb over some of the water coming out of the hose it starts again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back