Shower- Hot water cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently moved into a property and have discovered the water from en suite shower does not warm up.
The shower that is installed is an Aquadart Hydroflo, i removed the cover to see if there was any further info and just saw two copper pipes and a sealed unit.
The cold comes out no problem but when i turn it to hot it drops in volume and the water just gets slightly warm, not warm enough to shower in.
The house is 10 years old and there's a hot water tank on the landing.
I have the hot water set to come on an hour or so in the morning and again in the evening, this heats up ample water for a bath both morning and evening plus hot water during the day.
The Boiler unit is situated down stairs in the utility and in total there are 4 sinks, 3 toilets, 1 bath and 1 shower within the house.
Anyone have any ideas how to get heat the water up or what the problem may be ??

Sponsored Links
The Hydroflo is a "venturi" shower, one that uses the pressure of the mains cold water to boost the flow of the tank fed hot water. Although that model is no longer made, similar venturi showers are available today.

Because the shower needs a fair proportion of cold in the mixed water to boost the hot flow, the hot water itself will need to be fully up to temperature (60 degrees C), so perhaps your hot water isn't on for long enough. Also the venturi mechanism might need cleaning or replacing.

You can find more info on the internet by doing a search on "venturi showers".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back