Shower Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Just away to put a new shower tray in. I have replaced the floorboards as teh old ones were rotten.

1) Do I need to cement the new shower base in, it is on lges but thought cement might just give it a bit extra weight

2) The waste pipe is teh other side of the room (where bath waste used to be). I was just going to run a pipe from the shower trap to the waste pipe (about 1.8 meters). Anything I should keep in mind or any tips i.e. gradient etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
CraigFa said:
1) Do I need to cement the new shower base in, it is on lges but thought cement might just give it a bit extra weight
If the shower tray has lges I don't understand where you would put the concrete.

2) The waste pipe is teh other side of the room (where bath waste used to be). I was just going to run a pipe from the shower trap to the waste pipe (about 1.8 meters). Anything I should keep in mind or any tips i.e. gradient etc.
Yes - Marley recommends a gradient of "18mm/metre...for 32, 40 and 50mm nominal size pipes."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back