shower mixer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
i've just moved into a fairly worn out rented house. the shower is a mixer type that you pull up to get the shower going. the boiler is a normal gas boiler and it's only about 6 feet above the level of the taps.

however, the flow rate of the hot water out of the tap seems much better than the flow rate out of the shower itself, even when the shower is held at the level of the tap. if i remove the shower head then the flow rate is just as bad out of the hose. when hot and cold water are on together, the flow rate is also better out of the tap and is nice and warm. it is worse out of the shower, and it is much colder.

i just wonder whether it's something that could be fixed easily. the shower at the moment is unusable.

thanks to anyone who can help,
joanne

Sponsored Links
Hi there mam, Considering your just a renter I would contact the landlord as they are responsible for keeping the fixtures working properly If you touch it the landlord can say you did damage and then your responsible.

The mixer can be a pressure temperature balance type and just some adjustment has to be made depending on manufacturer what the adjustment is.

In any case have the landlord hire a licensed plumber for your protection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back