Shower Mixer Tap Dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! My shower mixer tap is dripping continuously (I suspect the unit is the same age as the house constructed 2006). Today it has increased exponentially and in a last ditch effort I turned the temp dial down to 0°C and the dripping has stopped (I had never tried this before today).
I plan to call a plumber out first thing, but I’m looking for some guidance as I’m clueless and probably quite quick to believe the worst case scenario…
Given the age, and issue I’m having, is it worth replacing the whole unit, or is it a part or worse - a pipe?! We are due to go on holiday this coming weekend and I’m envisioning coming home to a flood lol. Any suggestions on what could be causing this so I can go in with some awareness tomorrow? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Get a plumber in, its probably the temperature valve/cartridge but if youre a novice you need an expert in.

The metal body wears from grit in the water but you may be lucky and only the seal needs changing.

Blup

What type of shower is it? If it has separate valves for the thermostat and water on a bar then chances are it's the water on and off valve that will need changed. Depending on what type of shower it is will determine whether it's worth repairing or just changing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back