Shower mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Swapped the shower hose on my bath mixer tap but now the tap runs at the same time as the shower, the connectors fitted together fine and this wasn’t an issue before I meddled. Even if I pull the button thing up myself it still comes out of the tap.

Took it apart again and it is just a simple long brass type rod with a spring and a small rubber grommet bung type thingy.

Have I lost a part during the change? Is there an issue inside the tap? Are these things standard things to replace and can be bought at the hardware stores?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There's probably one or more O rings missing from the diverter.

This is usually a short, thick rod with grooves in it, that you pull and push up and down to send water to the spout or to the hose.

If the rings were already broken they probably fell out when you took it apart.

If you could work out the size, you could buy new ones. Measuring the grooves with calipers would be best but you could estimate it with a steel measure and perhaps a magnifying glass or your phone camera on zoom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back