Shower mixer unit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a shower unit in a small spare room. All the plumbing will be coming form the hot press in the next room. What sort of connections do I have to make. Adjoining wall is a block wall. Do I just drill holes to take the pipes and make the connection in the hot press?

Sponsored Links
Do these help Softus ......... :rolleyes:

Steam based ...
hot_press.jpg

Vacuum based ...
hull.jpg

Book based ...
images

Diffusion based ...
brazing_facilitiesf2.jpg

Airing Cupboard based ...
hot%20press%20web.jpg

Seems to be a popular term in Ireland. Poss a Hot water tank & emmersion?

Blaze said:
Do these help Softus ......... :rolleyes:
Not really. Call me stupid, or naive, or both, but I don't recognise any of these types of installations.

And why tf are you rolling your eyes?

Blaze said:
Seems to be a popular term in Ireland. Poss a Hot water tank & emmersion?
I don't know. However, the poster is not in Ireland - he's in the UK.

Sponsored Links
Rolling eyes as unsure too.....

Had a search on the Net and found some interesting pics relating to 'Hot Press'. Airing cupboard version seems to be a strong contender... others are light humour.

Hot press = airing cupboard. Archaic, vernacular, and not a little pretentious, but we know what you mean!

It's easiest to take the pipes through the wall and do the connections out of sight, but exactly what you need depends entirely on the shower fitting you get.

There is a fitting which can be useful which is designed for outside taps - but I can't find a pic or a name. It has a thread (which the outside tap screws onto,) which has a collar/plate you can screw to the wall. From this a 15mm length of copper pipe, attached to the fitting when you buy it, goes through the wall. Anyone seen one online?

You cracked it...and the comments did bring a smile.

a) I am of Irish descent
b) Hot press is term for airing cupboard with the hot water cylinder with it.

Still need an answer though.

ChrisR said:
There is a fitting which can be useful which is designed for outside taps - but I can't find a pic or a name. It has a thread (which the outside tap screws onto,) which has a collar/plate you can screw to the wall. From this a 15mm length of copper pipe, attached to the fitting when you buy it, goes through the wall. Anyone seen one online?
You mean these?

33291.jpg

I buy plenty of them locally. I call it a garden tap wallplate, but KX call them a "15mm wallplate and tube"; product code 101328.

I like them, but the brass boss is prone to spitting if you overdo it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back