Shower- new CU or can I free up space on the existing one?

He he just noticed your wee signature Securespark...quoting George Michael eh?
There's a man who knows a fair bit about Redrings..... :LOL:

SmileySmackBottom.gif
clap.gif

Sponsored Links
On a serious note, as much as I like accumulating a decent toolkit, I have no way of cutting the tails neatly- a standard pair of pliers isn't going to do a neat job now is it? So a pair of Vanguard H/Duty cable cutters is about £25, I'd rather put that to a sparkys time given that I'd never use them again after that.....(unless I saw a mountain bike I liked next to a lamp post ;) )

SO- can anyone of you give a ballpark figure for labour for this job? how many hours to fit a new shower CU and run some 10mm T+E 7m from this at ceiling level into the shower?

SO- can anyone of you give a ballpark figure for labour for this job? how many hours to fit a new shower CU and run some 10mm T+E 7m from this at ceiling level into the shower?

Still no answers or even ball park guesses from our resident experts? Come on folks, put me out of my misery....!!

Sponsored Links
Every job is different. Each has its own challenges.
No two houses are built the same. Laminate floors everywhere can quadruple the cost of installations, for instance.

So, .......................

About the same as the cost of a meal out for a group of people.

Could be McDonalds, could be The Ivy
Could be a group of two, could be a group of 20.

Does that help?

Get 2 or 3 electricians to come to the house and give you a quote. Can't be done over the Internet..

What's wrong with Redring??! At least they offer a 3yr guarantee unlike Triton and Mira, 2yrs? So, what's the best shower then?
Like I said, mine lasted 12 yrs and was still going when I left the flat, although I had to remove it and the plumbing to reinstate it back to it's original state.
As for a "standard" CU- I haven't seen what that company are offering(pictureless website), I just assumed a standard 63A RCD with space for 2MCB's would be enough....Or are they laughably third world now? Have we moved CU's into mercury switching and nano technology, next it'll be laptop diagnostics and all that sh*te in the name of progress.....(hey, that's if it isn't already??? :rolleyes: :LOL: )
Bet Darth Vader never had this much grief building the Death Star, it'd be a non starter if he went for domination of the universe now.

My experience of Redring is dire. As for the CU, you mentioned an Ivory one, which is the Wylex Standard range. no RCD and designed for use with rewireable fuses.

See: http://www.electrium.co.uk/WylexDCP2011.pdf

P28...Cat. number 204.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back